Monday, October 8, 2012

15 years in the business - George and Gina Rice Store



George and Gina - Trusted Rice Grains Dealers - Guimba

George and Gina - Trusted Rice Grains Dealers - Guimba

George and Gina - Trusted Rice Grains Dealers - Guimba


One fateful afternoon, still I’m at the Guimba Public Market having meryenda at I don’t know - one classic eatery of the public market. The burger was so great like uhmm. But more importantly let’s get back to business. Finally I decided to continue my interview to the different rice stores of Guimba Public Market and honestly, there’s too many of them and I don’t know where I’ll go for my next target.  It's around 4:50 in the afternoon and the weather seems to be not so nice in Guimba so the wind brought me to George and Gina Rice Store. Haha, corny am I?

Despite of the unpleasant weather, I still conducted my interview to the owner of the Rice Store, Mrs. Gina Lenon. At first up to the end of our conversation, she entertained me very well and answered all my questions about their precious Rice Store. Now let's talk about the Q and A with Mrs. Gina Lenon. First of all, she and her husband Mr. George Lenon owned the said rice store. They've started their business for around 15 years when their only child was only 4 years old. Oh, their son was my childhood friend in our area though it is not important, hehe. Let's get back to our business about the rice store. According to Mrs. Lenon, their best seller rice variety on their store were the rice Sinandomeng - Laon and the Sinandomeng - New. It is of course because of the very affordable price they imposed on that variety.

After the best seller, Mrs. Lenon, talk so many things about her son, but I intentionally pursue the business that I've came to talk about. And so, she listed all the rice varieties they sell and their respective prices. Let's now see the list and hopefully it can help you in canvassing different rice varieties. Now, let's make the tabular form do the talking. 

Rice Varieties
Retail Price
Wholesale Price
Super Angelica
35.00
1,750
Sinandomeng – 216
27.00
1,350
Glutinous(Malagkit)
50.00
Retail Only
Dinorado
36.00
1,800
IR-64
34.00
1,700
Wag-Wag
35.00
1,750
Special 160 , Wholegrain
38.00
1,900
NFA rice
27.00
1,350

So for the moment you've seen the list, there's no way for spontaneity, grab your pen and intentionally write down this list for good canvassing. Stay tuned for more rice stores. Now, time for your comments and suggestions.



No comments:

Post a Comment